If you are planning to visit hanoi then you should consider at least 3-5 days for city including outskirts of the city.The best place to stay in Hanoi can be old quarter, famous for house of backpackers.Now get ready to explore mouth watering breakfast around hotel and dinner in main street.Our itinerary was 2 days in city and one day in Ninh Bình province.
- One Pillar Pagoda It is most iconic temple around city and very next to Ho Chi Minh Museum.
- Temple of Literature This is oldest temple and first Vietnam national university devoted to education. Even now a days you can see many college students come there to click graduation photo shoot.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum It’s a memorial built in the memory of Vietnamese leader Ho Chi Minh.
- Trấn Quốc Pagoda Oldest buddhist temple in hanoi and best place to relax near lake and enjoy serenity.
- Dinner Like we are vegetarian so we moved to Namaste Hanoi for dinner, a bit expensive but good for authentic taste of Indian cuisine.
- Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre I highly recommend this place even the show is in Vietnamese but the best part is to watch artistic work.
- Hoàn Kiếm Lake I love the ambience of this place specially in early morning or late evening lights.
- Local market around lake You can see many nice souvenir and craft here, I love hat and egg cover painting.
- Dinner Around lake you can find many asian cuisine and BBQ houses.
Full day Hoa Lu Tam Coc trip This is nice place to discover Halong bay on land. Nice paddy field and boating in Ngo Dong River. My recommendation is to go early morning or late afternoon when things are quitter. Do not forget to keep some change(20000~50000 D) for tip to rowers they will definitely ask you as a custom. Almost many trip provide you buffet lunch with boating and cycling.
Dinner You can have dinner in old quarter near by hotel as they will drop you around 18:00 at your hotel.
Tips: You can also consider Vạn Phúc silk village and Bat Trang Ceramic Village For your other days stay or just replace existing one based on your interest.