People living in Japan can apply tourist visa for South Korea from Korean consulate Azabu-Jūban Tokyo. Office hours for visa form submission is 9:30~12:00 and collecting passport is 14:00 ~16:00. If your registration card address does not fall in Tokyo area then go to related area office e.g If you are living in Yokohama then go to Yokohama consultant office as Tokyo office does not accept applications from the people living in other than Tokyo.
Document requirements for South Korea Tourist Visa for Indian
- Residence card (Must have minimum 3 months working visa )
- Passport with 6 months validity
- Latest clicked 1 photo with white background
You can fill your application in the visa office (Pages were around 3~5) with your personal details as well as professional details. My suggestion is better to fill all the forms at home and then submit to the visa counter, it will save plenty of time. For the application form, here is the download South Korea tourist Visa application form link. Once you get the visa, it’s valid for 3 months so get ready to go Korea within 3 months before it expires. The maximum duration of stay is 90 days.
Also read: Hidden Charm Of JEJU Island South Korea
Korean Embassy website and Visa consultant – Korean Embassy
Address – 1 Chome-2-5 Minamiazabu, Minato City, Tokyo 106-0047 ( Japanese (〒) 106 – 0047 東京都港区南麻布1-2-5 )
Phone – +81-3-3455-2601~3(Call for all visa-related query not for the History Museum of J-Koreans)
The History Museum of J-Koreans next to the Korean Embassy Tokyo – The History Museum of J-Koreans
Address Of South Korean Visa Consulate + The History Museum of J-Koreans
〒106-8585 Tokyo, Minato City, Minamiazabu, 1-chōme−7−32 在日韓人歴史資料館 ( Japanese〒106-8585 東京都港区南麻布1-7-32 韓国中央会館別館（受付3F）)
Phone – 03-3457-1088 (Call only if you want to visit The History Museum of J-Koreans, not Embassy)
Please do not make the unnecessary call to the museum. They have requested me to convey this to the reader. Museum has nothing to do with visa. Feel free to call if you are interested in Museum.
Korea tourist visa Fee
- When we applied the fee was 3500 yen in May 2016
- The fee has been changed and its 4400 yen in July 2019 (Thanks to the reader for updating me)
Tips for applying for Korea tourist visa from Tokyo
Korean visa consulate is on the same building as The History Museum of J-Koreans. Korean Visa Consulate section is on 2floor and 3rd floor. However, The History Museum of J-Koreans is on the 3rd floor only. So when visiting for visa purpose put navigation address of Visa consulate or museum, not the embassy.
South Korea tourist visa for Indian tips:
- While filling application form write down the correct departure date to make sure your landing date. Your visa will start from the date of landing
- If your visa is going to expire and you have already applied for the extension then bring the copy of the application to submit the receipt with residence card indicating “Visa is in processing”.
- These all pieces of information are based on the applicant who is an Indian passport holder with the engineer work visa.
Recently come accoss with following rule, you can get transit visa in korea. The only condition is you must have confirm onward ticket withing 30 days to Europe, America, Australia or Newzeland . Korea tourist visa for Indian, if you satisfy above statement. More details are coming soon.
FAQ South Korea tourist visa :
- Do I need a Korean visa for riding a ferry?
- Yes, you need a Korean visa, even you are coming from ferry via Fukuoka Japan or from somewhere else
- How to apply for the Korean tourist visa in japan?
- Go to your nearby consulate of prefecture or embassy.
- Where to download Korea visa application form in japan?
- Please check the link for download here
- What is the process for a Korean visa for Filipino (Napali or Pakistani) living in Japan?
- It’s same as described in this blog, nothing changes for you.
- Is it possible to online apply for a Korean visa in Tokyo?
- You have to go in person to the consulate, or somebody can go on your behalf but not online.
- What is South Korean visa requirements for foreign residents in Japan?
- If you need a visa then follow the blog from start, and if you are an exemption country enjoy your visa-free.