Spread the love

People living in Japan can apply tourist visa for South Korea from Korean consulate Azabu-Jūban Tokyo. Office hours for visa form submission is 9:30~12:00 and collecting passport is 14:00 ~16:00. If your registration card address does not fall in Tokyo area then go to related area office e.g If you are living in Yokohama then go to Yokohama consultant office as Tokyo office does not accept applications from the people living in other than Tokyo.

Relax after getting Korea Tourist Visa
Relax after getting Korea Tourist Visa
Document requirements for South Korea Tourist Visa for Indian
  • Residence card (Must have minimum 3 months working visa )
  • Passport with 6 months validity
  • Latest clicked 1 photo with white background

You can fill your application in the visa office (Pages were around 3~5) with your personal details as well as professional details. My suggestion is better to fill all the forms at home and then submit to the visa counter, it will save plenty of time. For the application form, here is the download South Korea tourist Visa application form link. Once you get the visa, it’s valid for 3 months so get ready to go Korea within 3 months before it expires. The maximum duration of stay is 90 days.

Also read: Hidden Charm Of JEJU Island South Korea
Gyeongbokgung Palace
Gyeongbokgung Palace

Embassy website – Korean Embassy  and Visa consultant website – Korean Museum
Address Of South Korean Visa Consultant
〒106-0047 Tokyo, Minato, Minamiazabu, 1 Chome−7−32 在日韓人歴史資料館 
Phone – 03-3457-1088

South Korea tourist visa for Indian tips:

  • While filling application form write down the correct departure date to make sure your landing date. Your visa will start from the date of landing
  • If your visa is going to expire and you have already applied for the extension then bring the copy of the application to submit the receipt with residence card indicating “Visa is in processing”.
  • These all pieces of information are based on the applicant who is an Indian passport holder with the engineer work visa.

    South Korea Visa Stamp
    South Korea Visa Stamp

Recently come accoss with following rule, you can get transit visa in korea. The only condition is you must have confirm onward ticket withing 30 days to Europe, America, Australia or Newzeland . Korea tourist visa for Indian, if you satisfy above statement.

link for new transit visa rule, the embassy of Korea



  1. sndeep yadav Reply

    Hello Cookie,
    I am Sandeep from India now in JAPAN in work visa (5 years ) will go back to india on 25 th July.

    want to visit Korea next week. I am staying in Kobe.
    Can I get visa in such short span and where to contact

    • Vagabond Reply

      Hi Sandeep, The whole process for Korean tourist visa takes 3 days including submission day, so you can get it by next week. You can submit in Kobe consulate and take it from there.

  2. Hi,thanks a lot for this info.
    Im an Indian having 3 yrs working visa. Please let me know whether i need to provide these things.

    在職証明書 from the company?
    Salary slips
    Air itinerary

    Because its hard to get those from my company. I work in a branch office and in order to get those i have to go to honsha and its difficult. So i need to know whether i need these things for sure.

    • Vagabond Reply

      Hey Lakshmi,
      For Korean Visa, we do not need either of them. Mandatory is residence card and if asked bank balance certificate which you can get in 500 yen from your bank. Fyi I have submitted only residence card copy and passport 🙂 So do not worry about providing 在職証明書 as you do not need it.

  3. Hello Maam, would just like to ask how much is the visa fee in Tokyo? Although I will be applying from Osaka but it’s possibly the same fee, yes? Thank you in advance for your response.

    • Vagabond Reply

      Hey Kat, I paid Visa 3500¥ in May 2016 for a single entry visa 🙂

  4. Hi I’m from the Philippines and would like to apply for a visa. I’m planning to travel with my Japanese husband for at least two days in Korea but the problem is that there is no consulate here in Ehime. Do I need to go to a nearby consulate? If so, I can’t stay in other prefecture for so long to wait for the result. I wonder if they can just mail back my passport. Thanks

  5. Hello! I’m a Filipino with residence card living and working in Yonago, Tottori. Is it true that we, from Tottori, should apply for a tourist visa in the Korean Consulate in Kobe? Is there any designated consular office for people to apply depending on our residency? I would like to apply in Hiroshima since the transportation is way cheaper. Please let me know. Thanks!

    • Vagabond Reply

      Hey Chuck,
      Basically, Tottori, Okayama, Kagawa, Hyogo and Tokushima belong to Korean Consulate Kobe. In additionally they do not entertain the people from out of the territory. However, you still have the option to call them on 090-5099-0414 Kobe, that if you can apply to Hiroshima or not?. In fact, I have seen people from Yokohama when they apply in Tokyo, the embassy said straight no to them and sent back to their territory consulate(Personal experience 2017).

  6. hello, i just want to ask for clarification about the 3mos. residence card validity..

    is it 3mos validity when applying the tourist visa? or
    is it 3mos validity on you flight date to korea?

    because i am planning to apply for visa this March for my May trip and my residence card will expire on July.

    do i need to renew my visa earlier?

    thank you in advance 😁

    • Dear Queng,
      Here are the answers to your question point to point.

      -> 3 months validity when applying for the tourist visa? – yes, this is the case.
      -> is it 3mos validity on your flight date to Korea? – No
      -> do I need to renew my visa earlier?
      No, you do not need to apply in advance
      -> You can even fly during your visa application process.
      For the reference, you can check my other post linked here
      Travel During Expired Working Visa

      This post will help you in both cases even in the expired working visa.

  7. Im a working visa holder in japan planning to travel in korea this coming april any suggestion where i can process my visa day off is very difficult in company.

    • Kuki Reply

      There are a few private companies in Tokyo and Osaka or you can send everything by post to embassy.

  8. im a student visa in japan but i want to go to korea ….. but how??

    • Kuki Reply

      It does not matter whether you have student visa or other visa even travel visa you can apply from Korean embassy directly 🙂

  9. I am an Indian national working in Japan, planning to visit South Korea this new year. [appx. 10 days]
    I have a Resident card which expires on March 18, 2019. No plans in extending the stay.

    Is my resident card expiration should be within 3 months? If so, I should apply before December 17th, 2018?
    Since i m staying far from consulate and working, can you help me whether the below documents are enough for Visa submission? [To make sure NO second attempt]

    -> South Korea visa Application form
    -> Passport (6 months validity)
    -> Photo with white background
    -> Resident card
    -> Bank statement

    Sorry for the trouble. I understand you may not answer few. Please help with the information you know.

    • Kuki Reply

      First, make sure which office comes in your residing area as they do not take the application in Tokyo from the person living in Osaka. Do not tell them, you are not intended to extend your permit(better to apply early if plan fixed it will not harm you). It should work if you have a residence permit valid after your return back to Japan. For all documents are good just take front and back of residence card even its empty backside. Happy journey in advance and let me know it works, recently the person named Tanima (in comment list) applied based on this blog entry and she got in the first attempt.

    • Hi myself working in Japan had applied for korean visa for touring around new year, i am not sure of the resident card though if distance and taking leave is an issue there are few proxy agencies which can get you through the visa. But you must make sure the total charge is less than your travel expenses to the embassy. (Twice to the embassy)

      • Can you tell the name of some proxy agencies which can get the visa for the applicant as it will help other readers of the blog who do not have time to go embassy and perform application themselves? For me, I did myself by going directly to the embassy so it will be helping me too with updated information.

  10. Hi! I am a Filipina in Tokyo who wants to apply for Korean tourist visa. I called the embassy but the personnel said I must have at least 3 months remaining in my residence card. My residence card will expire in 2 months. Is it really possible for me to apply for Korean visa? Please advise.

    • Kuki Reply

      It’s possible I traveled when my residence card expire in 15 days they just ask me if I had application for issue new residence card or not. I have shown them the stamp back of my residence card and they were ok without any issue you can directly go there and explain that you are going to come back Japan thats it 😉

  11. Narayan Budha Magar Reply

    Im still studying japanese language in japan and my visa leaving in japan is still 7 month remain
    Can i apply visit visa for shouth korea

    • Kuki Reply

      You can apply even you have 1 month visa remaining just make sure your passport should not expire in next 6 months.

  12. Lal mohammad betani Reply

    Hello dear this is lal mohammad i have japan 1 year visa what is you visa rule for afghan passport holder in japan

    • Kuki Reply

      @Betani Sahib I am not a visa consultant however you can check Korean embassy website to find out visa rules for Korea in each category. My post based on Indian passport holder with 3 year engineer visa 😉


    How long does it take to get the passport back?
    Can someone else do the work instead of me going?
    since taking a day off is difficult and will have to travel from Hamamatsu to Yokohama.

    • Kuki Reply

      Omprakash you can take passport back in 3rd working day including submission day. You can call yokohama office some time they accept all things with post parcel on that case no need to go personal, Just check for current rule 🙂


      Thanks alot for the info, keep doing the good work.

  14. Can you please give some info about the private companies, who can do the visa work
    as its a bit difficult to take a day off and vist Visa offics

    • Kuki Reply

      @aaveg I have no idea even private company provide Korean Visa still I see there are few like RTO INTERNATIONAL , however you can finish your visa work early morning in embassy.

  15. Hi i am nepalese. I am in japan(student visa) for 2 years and my visa is soon gonna expired within 2 months. Can i get tourist visa for south korea?

    • Kuki Reply

      Hey, Ganga definitely you can apply for tourist visa. Just make sure your passport should be valid for at least the next 6 months.

  16. Rosemary Nejal Reply

    Good morning is it possible to come pick for application forms because im close to your embassy???

    • Kuki Reply

      Rosemary Nejal what you mean by pickup form you can download the form online or you can fill in the embassy on the same day of submitting the form 🙂

    • Kuki Reply

      Thank you, hope it helps you while visiting Korea 🙂

  17. Thanks for the write-up. How long does it take for visa processing? I wish there was a way to submit application online, have to take a day off to submit at embassy 😦 😦

    • It took 3 business day including submission day, there was no online system but you can ask them by phone if they have online system now.Meanwhile there are some private companies which can get visa for you without taking day off 🙂

Leave a Reply

Pin It
%d bloggers like this: